Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Questions

-->
The older I get the more questions I have.  I’ve noticed that children go through a time when they drive their parents nuts with “why” questions.   Teenagers can’t figure out why they have all the answers and their parents don’t have any.  College graduates enter the work world sure of their answers, at least that’s the image they portray.  I remember I left the seminary with all the answers to questions no one was asking.  It didn’t take long for all of those answers to be tested.

There really are only a few questions that matter in the total scheme of life.  “Where did I come from?’  “Who am I?”  “Who is God?”  and  “Where am I going?”  Every philosophy and religion tries to answer these.  All come up short because there is only One who has the answers, and that is Jesus.  He is the “way, the truth, and the life.”  He tells us that we are “beloved children of a loving God, who made us and will take us to be with Himself one day.”  That’s it!  These things are sure.  So my questions may multiply as the length of my life shortens, but the answers that really matter are rock solid and will take me straight into eternity with Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment