Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gratitude


I rush through life
Full of stress and strife
Ignoring the important things:
The innocence of children as they sing,
Hugs that share joy,
Nature (God’s best toy),
Respect from my peers
And memories that bring tears.

How could I be so blind
That I need for you to remind
Me of life’s simple pleasures?
God gifts us with treasures:
The smell of bread baking,
Leaves that need raking,
Families that delight,
Sunsets so bright.

Gratitude was ignored
To God, I implored:
“Please take care of me”.
My sin I did not see.
I failed to think of others
I ignored my Christians brothers.
I forgot to express thanks,
And my optimism sank.

God, Thank you from my heart
For life’s most important part:
The gift of your loving grace
As throughout life I race.

By Cheryl U
© Copyright

No comments:

Post a Comment