Monday, March 25, 2013

7 Questions For The Spiritual Journey

-->
1.    Do I believe that God has placed unique gifts within me that might be used to help others, and that my primary fulfillment in life will come through
       the expression of these gifts?
2.    Do I believe that I have been created in the image of God, and that my highest goal in life is to reclaim or recover my true identity as a child of God?

3.    Do I understand that the implications of questions one and two lead toward a life of discipline (question one) and discernment (question two)?

4.    Do I understand that my well-being is linked to the well-being of others, that my salvation, healing, and growth are connected to the salvation, healing and growth of others, especially those closest to me?

5.    Do I understand that my life will be enriched by a willingness to embrace the perspectives of others?

6.    Do I recognize that my understanding and expression of the Christian life is but one part of a whole, and that it is in the whole that Jesus Christ is glorified?

7.    Do I recognize that I am called to grow into the likeness of Christ, and that my response to God’s grace includes a disciplined personal life and a deepening relationship with his Body, the Church?


(By Ken Carter, Winston-Salem, NC - based on Steven Covey’s Seven Habits of Highly Effective People: Restoring the Character Ethic, New York: Simon & Schuster, 1989)

No comments:

Post a Comment