Monday, April 1, 2013

Fix Your Eyes On Jesus

-->

…fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. For the joy set before him he endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart. - Hebrews 12:2-3 

How appropriate this verse is as we celebrate Easter and the life that it gives to us.  This was my grandmother’s favorite Bible verse, which was also used at her funeral.  It was written to first century Jewish believers who were being severely persecuted.  The author has just completed a catalogue of great men and women of faith, some who died because of that faith.   He encourages them and each of us to to remain faithful by keeping our eyes fixed on Jesus -- not fixed on our problems or difficulties in life.  Jesus walked that road before us, ending up on the cross.  So we follow His example by patiently enduring because of the joy we know is to come.      

May we respond:  Today I will take my eyes off my surroundings, my problems, my fears and my suffering. I will keep them fixed on Jesus my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment