Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Life Lessons


I always enjoyed David Letterman’s “Top 10” list and there’s that wonderful movie “Bucket List.”  I am a list maker and have been at it for some time – 10 most influential people in my life, 10 messages I received growing up, 10 life-changing moments, and 10 life lessons.  The "10 Life Lessons" turned out to be a very helpful exercise for me.  I encourage you to give it a try.  Mine include:

  1. God is good.  He gives to me in abundance.
  2. I can’t control or fix anyone.
  3. I am responsible for myself.  I can’t blame anyone for my circumstances.
  4. I have choices.  I can change my life.
  5. I want to forgive and let go of resentment to be whole.
  6. Pain is my teacher.
  7. Walking in someone else’s shoes helps me to be more accepting and understanding.
  8. My parents did the best they could for me.
  9. Loss is a normal part of life.  Grieving my losses contributes to my health.
  10. I am grateful in every circumstance, even when I don’t feel like it.

What’s your list look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment